Friday, May 07, 2004

Wanker

For the first time since I've been here in America, I've watched NBC. I'm ashamed to admit that I watched the Friends finale. It actually wasn't too bad. Admittedly I haven't watched friends for about 6 years (but I don't think I missed anything much during the intervening years), so maybe it's been really great recently. But still it was okay TV, nothing amazing but nice enough.

Now ER has come on. I can't remember the last time I watched ER. Sometime back when I was a lazy undergraduate, probably. It still has the sexy (big Croatian male) Dr Kovac and (of course) Dr Carter and Abby (who's still a trainee doctor). Plus it has no less than three and a half (one Zimbabwean/Zambian/English girl) genuine English actors (or actresses) playing English folk. Nearly four English people... I feel intellectually stimulated.

I even got to see a pretty girlie saying wanker. Which is quite frankly a beautiful thing. Plus I got to see a blonde Linda Cardellini, which is also a beautiful thing.

I was going to say something more deep and meaningful. However.... all I can think of is the word Testicle. But then again that's pretty much my state of mind 90% of the time.