Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sun, sand and sea on my first day off in three weeks

Yesterday was our first day off for three weeks. It was lots of fun. There was alcohol, taken in an apartment so close to the beach that you could almost reach out and touch it, good food and fun and frolics in the sun. Well there were only frolics if you count playing ball with a twelve year old kid as frolics, which we will for now. I wouldn't mind but he kept on beating me... oh well.

It was definitely a much needed day of rest before flying off to New Mexico today, and starting leg two of Anita's integration. With any luck we will soon have a nice big shiny instrument that we can strap on to a balloon and send it up, up and away in Fort Sumner.

Yesterday also marked the start of the new football season at home. And yes, I was up at 4:45 in the morning so that I could watch Man Utd beat Everton. I think I may even have won a few pennies on the match. On the subject of sports I'm currently, when the hotel wireless allows me to, listening to day four of the third test. It's very exciting, England appear to be doing rather well which is something of pleasant change.

Oh well, better pack up my stuff so that I can go off to the airport. Albuquerque here I come.

No comments: