Friday, December 31, 2004

Good News (and hatred, and goats)

Dear Ryan,

We are trying to reach you with Good News! It is real important that you Call Toll free 1-888-279-9221

Thanks
Maggie

Call 12 noon to 8 pm EST Monday thru Friday


This was the message on a postcard in my mailbox this morning. For some reason I didn't call Maggie and find out what the Good News was. Why do these people keep on hounding me, trying to force Jesus's love for me down my throat? (Unless, of course I'm terribly wrong and somebody other than crazy evangelicals would capitalize the 'N' of Good News. Whoever wrote this was awfully fond of putting Capital Letters in odd places, so maybe they're just plain old fashioned crazy.)

And incidentally if you are going to send me a little note trying to get me to do something, it is really important that you know how to spell really. 'Cause that kind of thing gets my goat when I see it written and addressed to me by some complete strangers. But then again my goat is a bit of a floozie, because a lot of things get her.

ETA: Actually it is possible that these people were part of a scam. The kind of scam in which they try to make you pay some small fee before you can claim a big prize. Either way, if they are crooks or crazy religious people, I wouldn't recommend wasting one's time by calling the number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, I just got one of those today.
I wonder what it's about. o.o
lol.

*ponders*

Jen @ shewhoweeps@immortal.com