Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Featuring a guitar, a girl, a plane and a rainstorm

Phew!

I made it back to Columbus, more or less in one piece. There was a while, when I was sat on a plane on the tarmac of Washington's Dulles airport for five hours (due to the thunder-ing and lightning-ing, that it didn't look like I was going to make it home last night. But I did. And I managed to do it without strangling the incredibly offensive woman who was wishing the flight crew dead using almost every swear word known to America. Now, I'm normally all in favour of excessive swearing, but not when it's used in a spiteful and malicious way, then it just becomes petty and pathetic. Still with any luck karma will kick in sometime soon, we can but hope.

When I got home to my apartment, which I will be vacating at the end of July (oh, the joy of apartment hunting), I discovered that I now have a dinner table. Some of my friends, who were taking care of my plants and things, discovered this table that was about to be thrown away and appropriated it for my flat. It's rather odd to come home and discover that you've got more furniture then you had when you left. Sadly a similar trick did not occur for my bank balance.

Finally, I'll end on a confession: I lied. A pretty girl, carrying a guitar on her back, walked (well more strutted) up to me asked me a question and I lied. I don't know why I lied, but I lied. It wasn't a tricky question or a personal question, but still I lied. Maybe a career in politics beckons for me...

(By the way the answer should have been, "Far too much for what it is" or "Fourteen ninety-five" if you happen to be the pretty girl with the guitar.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Presumably your offensive woman wanted to get home, and was a trifle discombobulated by the delay. She seems not to have considered that the flight crew's death was unlikely to speed her return home.

It would have been terribly amusing to see the Captain having her removed from his plane for being obnoxious...

Unknown said...

I must admit I would have stood up and applauded if they had thrown her off the plane. Maybe I should have offered my services as a bouncer...