Friday, May 27, 2005

I think I can explain this

Today I had an epiphany. I don't have many, so it was quite a noticeable event. My epiphany came while I was reading this BBC article on the latest Zimbabwean police crackdown. The article is about how the police have started burning down peoples shack settlements in Harare and how they've arrested some 17,000 people in the last two weeks. Who were these 17,000 people? Apparently they were mainly street traders and minibus drivers.

Reading about this my epiphany hit. What would cause the Zimbabwean authorities to want to crack down on street traders? The answer was obvious. This police crackdown must be the vicious backlash of someone who bought one of these bangles (maybe for their wife) and then later found out it was made from a female condom (or even worse, maybe the wfie found out). It's all so obvious...

No comments: