Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The moment we've all been waiting for...

I was reading that nice Mr Gaiman's journal today and discovered that some friends of his are going to open an online store selling Gaiman merchandise. Well, I thought, if an internationally famous, best-selling author can have his own online shop why not an internationally barely known*, never sold a thing in his life, physicist**? I have to say the obvious reasons did spring to mind. Fortunately for all of us, my pre-gym procrastination won out over my capitalist realism and a shop was created.

So Nannicock Artwork was born. It is a little sparse at the moment, containing only one item for sale, and frankly it is somewhat unlikely that other items will ever be added. And at $1 profit per t-shirt it is also somewhat unlikely that I will ever see a, $25 minimum, royalty check. Especially, as I'm not even sure that I need a "The Opposite of 'Yay!'" t-shirt (at $19.99 with shipping and handling). And if I won't waste my money (something I'm remarkably good at) on the t-shirt, who else will? (Again the obvious answer springs to mind — starts with 'n' and almost rhymes with come-on.)

* Well I have a mother a England, a brother in Australia, another brother in New Zealand, a father in Zimbabwe*** and probably some friends in Europe and America, so I could hardly say I was internationally unknown.
** For now at least, until they sack me or Hollywood comes knocking with that big money offer.
*** Who possibly qualifies as knowing of me, if not actually knowing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and just as I was thinking "Leo"...

Although you really ought to add an "It doesn't fuck me" shirt...