Friday, December 02, 2005

It's one of those long time no post, pretty short (unlike its title), because the main reason I haven't posted much is ongoing, posts

I'm worn out already and the post has only just started.

Can you tell I've been a little busy lately? The lack of sparkling wit and astute observational skills per chance? No? Okay then, be like that.

The main reason that there hasn't been a post since before Thanksgiving (little aside: I had marvelous Thanksgiving and did my best to make up for my 0 for 3 turkey rating by having two turkey dinners in one day. To be honest with you I was full to bursting after the first one (during which the Falcons won and won me lots, if lots is £25, of money... Whoo!) and I definitely wasn't expecting the second one, but what are you going to do? Turn down a homemade dinner somebody has cooked for you, that would seem terribly rude. The reason that I had two turkey dinners, is that my friend, Brit, comes form one of those broken homes (like me, but unlike me his parents still live in the same city, as opposed to different continents) and we visited both Mother and Father on Thanksgiving. I am almost still full from last Thursday. Almost: end aside.) is that next week is the ANITA collaboration meeting. So, on Saturday I will be giving up the delights of Columbus and will be sampling the delights of Hawaii for a week. Yeah, I know: hard life, huh.

The impending meeting, as ever, means that I have lots of work to do. And when you throw in the fact that I'm trying to finish writing a job proposal (same job as the last two, different way of being paid) it means I'm rather short of minutes in the day. I still have quite a few minutes in the night, like the ones I'm using right now, but most of them are spent either sleeping or trying to stupefy myself enough such that I can sleep. I managed this trick so well last Friday, that I slept until 4:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. I probably won't be managing it quite as well either tonight or tomorrow night, at least I hope I don't manage it as well tomorrow night as I have a flight at 10:30 in the morning.

In other news, there's been little time for other news. Actually, there has been a bit of other news, but right now my brain is half way down high street and doesn't look like it will be waiting for my body to catch up until it gets home. Can't blame it though it's mighty cold outside, you wouldn't want to be hanging around in this sort of weather. Bloody good job I'm going off for a week in the Sun hey.

Now, one talk almost down, one yet to start and one job proposal that keeps on poking me in the ribs and saying nasty things about my timekeeping.

No comments: