Friday, November 18, 2005

National Fear Mongering Week

This week was National Mouth Cancer Awareness Week back home in Blighty. In celebration of this fact scientists and the powers that be have decided to take on two of my favourite activities: drinking and oral sex. Admittedly, I practice the former with rather more regularity than the latter, but that doesn't change the fact that both are clearly essential parts of any 21st century civilisation.

I was particularly pleased with the quote from Kerstin Rosenquist, "You should avoid having oral sex". Then I discovered (and by discovered I mean actually read the words that followed the quote) that Kerstin was a dentist and thought, well that explains it then. Probably some previous life experience involving pubic hairs and a patient who needs to floss more.

No comments: