Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Red Lake Sunset

Another day, another school shooting (well fortunately, they don't come every day). I find it some what bizarre that this one happened somewhere that I've actually been to, well driven through at least. (It was on the road from Itasca State Park to the Red Lakes that we saw the cow.) I remember thinking as we driving through the little town of Red Lake, with it's big prevent alcoholism sign as you enter, that I would go mad if I lived there for any length of time. Of course, by that stage I was into month three of my Minnesota winter, so I was already a little crazy myself.

Anyhow, here's what I think of when I think of the Red Lakes (taken from the end of the peninsula between them).
Red Lakes Sunset

From the BBC News website:
The FBI said it was too early to speculate on a motive for the shootings, but Weise's fellow pupils said he was teased because he always dressed in black.
I'm not sure quite how one is meant to interpret that. Are they suggesting he shot them because he wore black, or because he was teased for wearing black? Either way you have to love a sentence that starts with The FBI said it was too early to speculate... and ends with speculation. Not knowing, or really wanting to know, any of the facts, I'm going with the Chris Rock theory: he was crazy.

No comments: